Phil Levy is a pharmacist by day but has always been passionate about photography. The vibrant colours and characters of Cuba made it a dream holiday destination for the Essex native, who sees the world through his camera lens. Travelling with Cuba Direct to Havana, Trinidad, Viñales and Cayo Santa Maria, Phil's photographs showcase the country’s beauty, heritage and spirit.
I found Cuba the most amazing place to use my camera and this resulted in me losing my wife and two friends on several occasions! Wherever we were, the scenery, the architecture, the cars, the colours and most importantly the vibrant culture and friendly people made for the most amazing holiday and a photographic paradise for myself.
Phil chose to travel with Cuba Direct on the recommendation of his daughter, who travelled with us the previous year. He opted for a tailor-made multi-centre holiday, combining vibrant cities with lush countryside and idyllic beaches.
Phil’s journey through Cuba began with three nights the nation’s capital city of Havana. From there he travelled west to Viñales Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site where much of the country’s tobacco is grown. After experiencing rural Cuba, Phil journeyed to Trinidad, snapping the colonial gem’s cobbled streets and colourful buildings before heading to picturesque island of Cayo Santa Maria. He returned to Havana for a final spurt of sightseeing before flying home to the UK.
The itinerary and variety of destinations were a perfect mix and everything went exactly to plan. We felt that with Cuba Direct there was an ideal balance between feeling that we were independent travellers, but with the reassurance that we had great backup whenever we needed it.
Phil and his party enjoyed a tailor-made package, designed with the help of Cuba Direct travel specialists. Here’s what it included:
- Virgin Atlantic flight from London Gatwick to José Martí International Airport in Havana
- Private transfer in a vintage American car from the airport to their hotel
- Three nights in Havana, staying in Casa Pedro y Maria
- Transfer in air-conditioned bus with multi-lingual guide to Viñales
- Three nights in Viñales, saying in Casa Ridel y Claribel
- Transfer in air-conditioned bus with multi-lingual guide to Trinidad
- Three nights in Trinidad, staying in Casa Norelvis y Liubetsy
- Private transfer to Cayo Santa Maria
- Four nights in Cayo Santa Maria, staying in Iberostar Enseachos
- Private transfer to Havana
- One night in Havana, staying in Casa Pedro y Maria
- Private transfer to Havana airport
- Virgin Atlantic flight from José Martí International Airport to London Gatwick
I would totally recommend Cuba as a perfect holiday destination as it really has something for everyone. Cuba Direct enabled us to see a great variety of places along with some memorable experiences in a smoothly planned and stress-free way!
Experience all this for yourself with one of our holiday packages. Each itinerary can be tailored to your exact needs and preferences.
All images are copyrighted and have been reproduced with the permission of Phil Levy. Phil Levy reserves all rights to his work.
Call us today on +44 207 148 3042 and speak to an Expert in Holidays to Cuba
We strive to provide Our Customers with insider's knowledge, first-hand destination expertise, and experience to make their holiday Experience Wonderful
Cuba Direct Eyewitness Guides
To see more of Phil’s travels and learn about the places he visited, download our Eyewitness Guides. Cuba Direct Eyewitness Guides provide an in-depth look at Cuba through the eyes of our clients.