Cuba’s most soulful region is unveiled at this comprehensive group tour where you’ll get to see the essence of the so-called ‘tierra caliente’ (hot land). The Eastern Cuba Explorer Group Tour covers the easternmost part of the island, including overnights at the whimsically fascinating Santiago de Cuba, laid-back Baracoa, and nature-filled Holguín. This is a tour for the immersive traveller who wants to enjoy the freedom of discovering places on their own but without the hassle of booking transfers, accommodations and guided orientation throughout. Start packing your bags today and head to Cuba’s most off-the-beaten-path region – creole food, warm people and verdant hills are just the beginning of a memorable trip.
May 21, 2019from Holguin
May 28, 2019to Holguin
Jun 18, 2019from Holguin
Jun 25, 2019to Holguin
Jul 23, 2019from Holguin
Jul 30, 2019to Holguin
Aug 20, 2019from Holguin
Aug 27, 2019to Holguin
Sep 24, 2019from Holguin
Oct 1, 2019to Holguin
Oct 22, 2019from Holguin
Oct 29, 2019to Holguin
- ACCOMMODATION. 7 nights in Casas Particulares (Homestays with private ensuite bathrooms)
- TOUR GUIDES. Escorted by a local English speaking tour guide with specialist guides at certain sites of interest. Guided sightseeing in Holguin, Gibara, Santiago de Cuba, and Baracoa.
- MEALS. Breakfast is included in our price
- TRANSPORT. Private transport throughout: mini-bus, micro-bus, or taxi depending on group size
- EXCURSIONS / EXPERIENCES.
- - Holguin – visit to Gibara
- - Holguin – visit to Biran
- - Holguín – panoramic city tour
- - Santiago de Cuba - half day city tour
- - Santiago de Cuba – visit to El Cobre Sanctuary
- - Baracoa - Orientation walk
- FLIGHTS. The advertised price does not include flights. If you would like us to find the best available flight prices, secure seats in your preferred flight and manage your booking, please let us know and one of our reps will be happy to help
- INSURANCE. Insurance is not included in our price. Cuban immigration authorities will require travel and health insurance valid in Cuba for the length of your stay. If you'd like us to help you get insurance, please let us know
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES. Excursions, activities, and admission tickets not explicitly mentioned in this itinerary are not included in our price. We have, however, hundreds of hand-picked excursions for you to choose from. Take a look at some of our top-rated experiences and Cuba excursions for a bit of inspiration.
- VISAS. Cuban Visas - Cuban Tourist Cards - are not included. We can include visas in your booking for your convenience. Just let us know and we will take care of it.
- OTHER LOCALLY PAID SERVICES. Meals, drinks, Tips, Airport Arrival and Departure Transfers, and any other service not specified by us is excluded from our price
Many of our clients, at the end of a escorted group tour or private escorted tour, extend their stay for an additional 3-4 days to rest, relax and unwind in one of Cuba's top-rated all-inclusive beach resorts.
If you would like to add extra time at some the world's best beaches after your escorted tour ends, please let us know and we will discuss with you the best options available within your time and budget.
From the colonial town of Trinidad, Cuba, Seymour has been part of Cuba Direct ™ for 7 years. His encyclopaedic knowledge of Cuba and cheeky sense of humour make him a big hit with clients. A fan of adventure, Seymour makes sure to take advantage of Cuba’s rich natural offering whenever he visits home. Ask him the best spots to go hiking, swimming and diving.
£489from / per person
Excludes international flights
- Holguín + Santiago de Cuba + Baracoa
- 7 nights
- 7 Breakfasts
- Staying in Casas Particulares (homestays with private en suite rooms)
- Private transport throughout: mini-bus, micro-bus, or taxi depending on group size
- Guaranteed fixed-date departures*
- Excursions & Experiences included as described in the Itinerary
- Small Group: 3 -12 travellers
- Best Price Guarantee
LOCAL REPS AT YOUR SERVICE
Personalise this itinerary or build a tailor-made tour from scratch by calling us on 0207 148 3042
Day 1 - Holguín
Day 2 – Santiago de Cuba via Gibara
Day 3 – Santiago de Cuba
Day 4 - Baracoa
Day 5 - Baracoa
Day 6 – Santiago de Cuba
Day 7 – Holguín
Day 8 – Departure or Extension Day
Highly Recommended: 96% of Clients Rate Us as "Good" or "Excellent"
We're committed to making your Cuba experience as amazing as possible. We've amassed hundreds of fantastic reviews over the years, with clients citing our expertise, attention to detail, and professionalism as reasons for their high ratings. Don't just take our word for it, see what our clients have to say...
Everything was simply perfect, very well organised, accurate information, good advice from knowledgeable staff. Thank you Cuba Direct for a perfect interesting trip.
Cuba Direct were brilliant from beginning to end, from initial planning of our tour all the way through the trip itself. Fantastic, memorable holiday. I would recommend it to anyone.
All reviews published on this website are collected independently by Feefo, the Global Feedback Engine.