Cuba Direct (the UK's leading independent tour operator for Cuba) and Cubana Airlines (Cuba’s national carrier) had a very fruitful meeting at FITUR in Madrid today about initiating direct flights to Havana and Holguin from London Gatwick. The flights are expected to be twice a week, and using modern wide body Airbus planes.
This move is magnificent news for UK tourists hoping to visit Cuba. It will make it easier and smoother to travel comfortably to Cuba and enjoy the country’s diverse cultural offerings. The airports of Havana and Holguin are both ideally situated to suit a range of holiday needs, whether it be relaxing on a beach, wandering enchanting city streets or exploring Cuba’s bio-diverse natural environment. You will be able to do it all with these new flights.
Further news to be announced soon - stay tuned!
Talk to an expert
All our travel consultants have lived or travelled extensively in Cuba. The advice and information they provide come from first-hand knowledge - not search engine.ENQUIRE
We are not an ordinary tour operator. We are a team of Cuba enthusiasts that thrive on creating unique travel experiences in a country we know inside out (and that many of us call home!). We do this by going above and beyond for our clients, listening to their needs and using our expert knowledge to translate this into their dream holiday.Read more >
Subscribe to Email Updates
- The Story of Cuba's Unknown Romeo and Juliet
- Cuba, Cigars & Churchill
- The Sound of Cuba: Fiesta del Tambor
- Cuba's Biggest Literary Event: Everything You Need to Know
- 5 Genius Travel Hacks for A Smoother Trip to Cuba
- Cuba with Kids: How to Make the Most of Your Trip
- Carnival in Cuba: Join the Nation's Biggest Party
- 10 Reasons You Have to Visit Trinidad
- 8 Things to do in Cienfuegos
- Romerias de Mayo: Holguín's Cultural Showcase